[sarex] Update: ARISS Contact today at 16:40 UTC
ka3hdo at verizon.net
Fri Apr 24 14:11:44 UTC 2015
I wanted to remind everyone that there will be an ARISS contact today with
the East Coast Chapter Tuskegee Airmen, Inc., Youth In Aviation Program
(ECCTAI YIAP) and the Oxon Hill High School, Oxon Hill, Maryland through the
K6DUE telebridge station located in Greenbelt, Maryland. Contact time
should be starting around 12:40 Eastern Time (16:40 UTC).
Listen in on 145.80 MHz.
Questions from the students follows.
73, Frank Bauer, KA3HDO
1. Monika: What influenced you to concentrate on aerospace
propulsion and lightweight structures?
2. Zion: Was going into space a goal, or did the opportunity
arise and you found it interesting?
3. Aric: How did your experience being a fighter pilot help you
adapt to being astronaut?
4. Jeremy: What would you do in the event harmful gases are
detected on the space station?
5. Hannah-1: What are some things that you go through to be
trained to become an astronaut?
6. Terrence: What new technologies are being tested, and how
soon will they be available to the general public?
7. Hannah-2: Due to the gravitational change, is it harder to
complete experiments in space than it is on Earth?
8. Philip: What will the International Space Station, especially
your expedition, do to prepare for the Commercial Crew Program?
9. Deborah: Is it hard to integrate with all the other
international astronauts that live on the space station?
10. Ari: How can NASA send probes into space without them
colliding into space junk?
11. Amira: What does it feel like after launch when leaving
12. Anthony: How do you think current reseach will affect future
13. Monika: Since the launch, have you experienced any trouble with
14. Zion: Does each crew member work on all the experiments, or
are the experiments assigned to members based on experience in that field?
15. Aric: During the 2.5 hours that astronauts exercise, what type
of exercises are included in the Integrated Resistance and Aerobic Training
16. Jeremy: How effective is the Functional Task Test to determine
the physiological impairment after long space flights?
17. Hannah-1: What was the most influential factor in deciding to
become an astronaut?
18. Terrence: What is your daily work schedule like, and how many
hours of sleep do you get?
19. Hannah-2: Through what educational training did you go in
order to prepare yourself for the space program?
20. Philip: What is the future for the International Space
Station, and human spaceflight in general?
21. Deborah: How do you train to live without gravity?
22. Ari: How does the microgravity environment on ISS affect your
ability to smell and taste?
23. Amira: What were some of the negative effects you experienced
because of prolonged space flight?
24. Anthony: Of the current experiments, how many do you expect to
complete while you are onboard the International Space Station?
More information about the SAREX