[sarex] Upcoming ARISS contact with Santa Teresa del Bambin Gesù, Roma, Italy, Istituto Salesiano Villa Sora, Frascati, Italy, and Scuola Pontificia Pio IX, Roma, Italy
n4csitwo at bellsouth.net
n4csitwo at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 8 14:53:20 UTC 2015
An International Space Station school contact has been planned with participants at Scuola Santa Teresa del Bambin Gesù, Roma,Italy,Istituto Salesiano Villa Sora,Frascati,Italy,and Scuola Pontificia Pio IX, Roma, Italy, on Jan 9. The event is scheduled to begin at approximately 10:14 UTC. The duration of the contact is approximately 9 minutes and 30 seconds. The contact will be direct between the ISS (using the call, IR0ISS) and ground station's IW0CZC initiating the contact and IK0USO finishing the contact. During the contact, the students from Scuola Pontificia Pio IX will be in contact with the ISS through a ham telebridge connection. The contact should be audible over portions of Italy and adjacent areas. Interested parties are invited to listen in on the 145.80 MHz downlink. The contact is expected to be conducted in English and/or Italian.
Presentation Scuola Santa Teresa del Bambino Gesù"
The school "Santa Teresa del Bambino Gesù" is a catholic primary school in Rome, established to answer to the needs and demands for catholic education of the local population. The school belongs to the Congregation of Missionary Carmelitane Sisters of Saint Therese of Jesus Child. The school is open to families that take care of the religious education and formation of their children. The preparation of the ISS radio contact is under way since a long time: educational projects on different scientific topics support the special event.
Presentation Istituto Salesiano Villa Sora
VILLA SORA is one of those Villas. It is located on the side of the ancient Roman boulevard (now Via Tuscolana) in an area known as Tusculanus ager, full of sumptuous villas, including those of Cicero, Lucullus and Sulpicius Galba. This villa was built as a country house in the same grounds of Lucullus` villa in the mid-16th century and it was originally known as 'Torricella'. The earliest documentation of its history dates back to 1546, when the Chapel of Sancta Sanctorum of Rome owned the villa.
The land currently measures over 6 acres and includes, in addition to the house and the school, a large park with several building lots. The school of Villa Sora has a notable historical tradition. Since 1925, it has a primary school and a liceo classico. The liceo scientifico was founded in 1966 and in 1986 its admission was opened to girls. In 1989, the middle school was created, and finally, in 2011, a new liceo economico sociale was founded. The middle school now has 200 students divided in three classes. The liceo classico has 180 students, the liceo scientifico 280 and the liceo economico sociale 80, for a total of 740 students.
Presentation Scuola Pontificia Pio IX: (no story available)
Participants will ask as many of the following questions as time allows:
1. Il momento del rientro in atmosfera sembra quello meno evoluto. Ci sono
studi in atto per modificare o cambiare questa fase?
2. Quanto tempo si impiega per arrivare sulla stazione spaziale
3. Qual è l'equipaggiamento dell'astronauta durante un'attività extra
4. Che tipo di materiale è fatta la superficie che ricopre la parte inferiore
delle navicella di rientro?
5. A quanti km/h si viaggia per raggiungere la stazione spaziale
6. Le attività extra veicolari che farete saranno di tipo ombelicale o
libere? Quali obiettivi avranno e come si svolgeranno?
7. Come avviene la decelerazione durante il rientro?
8. l controllo del volo sulla Soyuz è automatico o siete voi a pilotare?
9. Come funziona il rientro nella stazione spaziale internazionale dopo una
attività extra veicolari?
10. Dopo il decollo parte del vettore si disperde nello spazio?
11. Quale angolo deve formarsi tra la traiettoria della navicella e la
superficie della terra durante rientro? Quali rischi comporta un angolo
di rientro non corretto?
12. Samantha, tu sei la prima donna italiana a fare un'attività extra
veicolare. Quali sono le tue emozioni e quali le tue preoccupazioni a
13. Cosa accade al decollo quando si attraversa l'atmosfera terrestre?
14. Durante il rientro a terra a quanta forza gravitazionale sono posti gli
15. C'è la possibilità di incidenti durante un'attività extra veicolare?
16. Quando si decolla c'è molta turbolenza?
17. Perché gli astronauti dopo la missione devono andare in quarantena? Cosa
avviene a livello neurologico?
18. Come ci si prepara a un'attività extra veicolare? In cosa consiste
l'addestramento e come avvengono le simulazioni?
19. È stato più emozionante entrare all'interno della stazione spaziale
internazionale o il momento del decollo?
20. Come si riesce a rientrare in un punto preciso sulla terra, senza rischi
per la vita umana e per l'ambiente?
21. Come si comunica con la stazione spaziale internazionale durante le
attività extra veicolari?
22. Come avviene l'attracco della Soyuz alla stazione spaziale
23. Quanto dura un viaggio di rientro?
24. Se durante un'attività extra veicolare dovesse verificarsi un malore come
viene il soccorso l'astronauta?
Questions translated below:
1. The time of the reentry into the atmosphere seems to be less evolved.
There are studies underway to modify or change this stage?
2. How long does it take to arrive on the international space station?
3. What is the equipment of the astronaut during extra vehicular activity?
4. What kind of material is made the surface that covers the lower part of
the spacecraft re-entry?
5. How many km / h you travel to reach the international space station?
6. The extra vehicular activities that you will do will umbilical or free?
What goals and how they will be held?
7. How does the deceleration during re-entry?
8. The control of the flight on the Soyuz is automatic or are you a pilot?
9. How does the return to the international space station after an extra
10. After take-off part of the missile is dispersed in space?
11. Which angle is formed between the trajectory of the spacecraft and the
Earth's surface during re-entry? What are the risks an angle of re-entry
is not correct?
12. Samantha, you are the first Italian woman to do extra vehicular activity.
What are your feelings and what your concerns about it?
13. What happens to take off when passing through the Earth's atmosphere?
14. During the return to earth, how much gravitational force suffer the
15. There is the possibility of accidents during extra vehicular activity?
16. When it takes off there is a lot of turbulence?
17. Why do astronauts after the mission should go in quarantine? What happens
at the neurological level?
18. How do you prepare for extra vehicular activity? What is the training and
19. It was more exciting to enter into the international space station or the
time of takeoff?
20. How do you manage to fit into a specific point on the earth, without risk
to human life and the environment?
21. How do you communicate with the International Space Station during extra
22. As with the docking of the Soyuz to the International Space Station?
23. How long does a return trip?
24. If, during extra-vehicular activity occurs as an illness is rescue the
PLEASE CHECK THE FOLLOWING FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ARISS UPDATES:
Sign up for the SAREX maillist at
Visit ARISS on Facebook. We can be found at Amateur Radio on the
International Space Station (ARISS).
To receive our Twitter updates, follow @ARISS_status
Next planned event(s):
ARISS is an international educational outreach program partnering the volunteer support and leadership from AMSAT and IARU societies around the world with the ISS space agencies partners: NASA, Russian Space Agency, ESA, CNES, JAXA, and CSA.
ARISS offers an opportunity for students to experience the excitement of Amateur Radio by talking directly with crewmembers on-board the International Space Station. Teachers, parents and communities see, first hand, how Amateur Radio and crewmembers on ISS can energize youngsters' interest in science, technology, and learning. Further information on the ARISS program is available on the website http://www.ariss.org/
Thank you & 73,
David - AA4KN
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
More information about the SAREX