[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] - [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

re: Big FCC Proposal


When I am right the kenwood trx is just used as a repeater.
In my country (PA) you need a special permission for that...

And then how can a company like KENWOOD get permission for modes in ham 
bands ?
Let them use the ISM frequencies, like the 70cm or 13cm commercial freqs...

I have the FT847, this has also a repeater function, even FM in SSB out :o)
When I ask a special permission, and get it, I can have a remote satellite 
Thats not very new. The only thing is that with a satellite repeater you 
have the same problems as the ground-repeaters, after a while it will just 
be a taking box of hams not interrested in radio but only interrested in 
talking %$&/%$%...

In technical way I am not against the system...
For use like education, JOTA etc etc its a great help to have your station 
unmoved and use a small station with a link to you (big) station at home.
For public ham use, I think it will be like I mentioned above...

So for hams needing the link, they just can apply for the special permission 
and it will be no problem.

Kind regards,

William with just another opinion,

Talk with your online friends with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.nl/

Sent via amsat-bb@amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the author.
Not an AMSAT member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amsat-bb" to Majordomo@amsat.org