Re: Best pre-amp for Mode S

Thanks to everyone who sent replies to my question.

I have been playing with AO40v2.0.xls and it appears that the first 8-10db
gain from a pre-amp does help but going higher than 16db does not seem to
make a great impact.  I am still a month or two from ordering the pre-amp so
I will continue to investigate the subject.  Any useful information is still
welcome.

Karl R. Sandstrom, K5MAN
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
k5man@arrl.net or