No Subject

30 Mar 2002 15:02:37 -0000
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 15:02:34 -0000
From: "ne1h" <n1ip@highrf.com>
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] kc tracker and XP
Sender: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org

Might want to check that link.  It says Win98 for tracking.

I run XP all the time, best MS OS, I've every used.  Don't have any
compatibiliy problems with anything but my eprom programmer that
wants to be on a parallel port (parallel is handled differently in
NT, W2K and XP).

All my sat apps run just fine.  While I don't have a KCT, don't
think there is any issue there, W4EPI runs one and has no problem.

I as well have ISA support, it just doesn't happen to be a KCT card
stuck in the Bus, it's something else.

You won't find a more stable version of Windows, and with XP, the
same software and hardware compatibility that existed in 98SE and ME
are there, in fact, it's probably better.  Remember, this was a
major goal of XP.  Bring the stability of NT and the compatibility
of ME to the masses, I think they did that in fine fashion.

I'm running Pro and have been since last November when it came out.

No complaints here.
Alan