Re: ISM interference on 2401 MHz

Phil:

At 05:28 PM 3/27/02 -0800, Phil Karn wrote:
>Another choice is to take it as an engineering challenge. Let's devise
>better satellite antennas that null terrestrial sources. Let's devise
>modulation and coding schemes to resist interference from these
>signals.

Good idea. I am wondering if any hams have done any work on adaptive
antennas they would care to share with the rest of us. There are some great
commercial satellite innovations out there. Are there also some amateur
innovations?

An electrically steerable array, with electronics to sense and phase cancel
those signals without coherence would allow the sat op to operate in
harmony with all of these part 15 devices.

Receivers with DSP in the IF sections work for canceling broadband noise.
Couple this with some sort of adaptive antenna system, and we could shift
the paradigm for satellite operation.

73, Mike kf4fdj