Re: ISM interference on 2401 MHz

>>                       They did but, "The guy at Best
>> Buy said it was the Ham Radio stuff not working right."
>>

>> Thanks and 73,
>> Joe
>> ka0yos@amsat.org
>
> I've run into this problem many times over the years. (regarding
> RFI complains to consumer electronics). The clerk at the
> electronics store usually doesn't know the difference between
> Ham Radio and CB, or doesn't care. He's more interested in avoiding
> a return or making a sale. Educating the clerk is no good because
> he'll be gone in 3 months and you'll have to do it again with the
> next one. I've even had manufacturers tell customers things like
> this.
> It's to bad we don't have some recourse against people who make
> these kind of irresponsible statements.
> Steve .. AI7W

I agree .. but there are so many of the clueless people.  Trying to
fight that is like standing on the beach holding back the tide.

I think it was George Carlin who said, "Never underestimate the power of
stupid people in large groups."  They may be wrong, but there are a lot
of them, and they are wrong in large numbers and tend to cover each
other's rear ends when threatened.  I've said similar issues about the
sort of people who work for us in the government, so maybe it's just an
epidemic in this day and age.

Bruce, N5VB, clueful but frustrated skilled generalist

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve
life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out
death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends." -- Gandalf