Re: ISM interference on 2401 MHz

> >I think the proper approach is to use your equipment and skills to
identify
> >the offending device, then go talk to it's owner.  Explain the problem
and
> >try and work out a solution or compromise.  Maybe demonstrate your
equipment
> >during a satellite pass, with and without the interference.  They might
just
> >be sympathetic and unplug the thing.  Maybe you can agree on a schedule
that
> >they refrain from using the device during satellite passes.

This is good advice, but identification is not needed.  Since I have the
radios, I am known as the neighborhood technogeek.  My neighbors generally
invite me over to show me the new devices and/or have me help install them.

If some one has come up with a tactful way of asking your neighbor to
disconnect his new LAN, or take his new phone out of service I would like to
hear it.  My hope is that someday they will consult me before buying stuff
(not real likely either).

After house sitting and taking care of their dogs for a week I asked one
neighbor if they would take the phone back.  They did but, "The guy at Best
Buy said it was the Ham Radio stuff not working right."  My wife likes their
new phone and wants to get on just like it.

All Advice is appreciated.

Thanks and 73,
Joe
ka0yos@amsat.org