RE: ISM interference on 2401 MHz

> >is a war coming.  The war is going to be between licensed users of 2.4GHz
> >(namely hams) and unlicensed Part 15 devices,...
<snip>
> >So, IF severe interference is being caused by any Part 15 device, and say
> >you can't use AO-40, then a report to the FCC is in order.  According to
> >the above quoted section, the offending operator must cease.

But who is really gonna lose?  If you push the FCC, then the answer will
be a SLAM-DUNK.  THey will simply tkae the band from us or change us to
SECONDARY and then we  become the interferrers...  No way on earth is the
FCC gonna tell the $$$Billion-dollar$$$ industry to cease.  To them,
our complaints will be "the problem"...

So since we are the million-to-one minority, its best to solve it at our
own level.  There is no solution other than keeping your enviornment clear
of these unwanted devices.  Choices are small...

* Move to the country.
* Operate from a hole in the ground
* Purchase as many of these devices as  you can and keep them ALWAYS ON,
except when you want to operate...  The spread spectrum ones will not
notice, but maybe the video linke transmitter ones will keep some of the
neighbors away...?

Use it or lose it...  But use it legally...

de WB4APR, Bob