Re: ISM interference on 2401 MHz

>I think the proper approach is to use your equipment and skills to identify
>the offending device, then go talk to it's owner.  Explain the problem and
>try and work out a solution or compromise.  Maybe demonstrate your equipment
>during a satellite pass, with and without the interference.  They might just
>be sympathetic and unplug the thing.  Maybe you can agree on a schedule that
>they refrain from using the device during satellite passes.

In the US, 802.11b has 11 channels with centers ranging from 2412 to
2462 MHz. Obviously the low channels are much more likely to interfere
with S-band amateur satellite links than the higher channels.  So if
your neighbor has a 802.11b network, the solution to your QRM problem
may be as simple as asking your neighbor to change his operating
channel. (My own 802.11b base station is set to channel 11).

I think that we're just going to have to deal with increasing levels
of non-ham interference. Spectrum is just too limited and valuable for
ham radio to have very many exclusive allocations, especially given
our small numbers.

Phil