Re: AIDC Downconverters available in UK

FWIW, I have tested a lot of the MMDS downconverters in real-life service on
AO-40, and these 3731's from K5GNA are the best performing units I have used.

Considering the very low NF and the respectable gain, they make using a
preamp pretty marginal investment--a terrific bang-for-the-buck (or pound).
Considering there is no filter mod required and they already have an
N-connector installed, they are easy to apply to many feed arrangements.
73,
Jerry, K5OE