PCsat status

Users should still not use PCsat.  We cannot keep the digi OFF easily, so
do not use it even if it is on. But, PCsat may be seeing the light at the
end of the tunnel so to speak?

We still have not been able to get it to charge enough to make it through
eclipse, but today, I did get data showing that the +Z panel is beginning
to see more sun on each pass, and at about 1900Z today, it had plenty of
charge current and, in fact was dumping excess current into the Zener
Loads that prevent overchargning.

But, being in the northern hemisphere, my commands are still ineffective
because PCsat goes into eclipse only 20 minutes after I see it for the
first time..  Thus, we are still completely dependent on our command
stations in the Southern Hemisphere to command PCsat into low power mode
earlier in each pass (so it can get 60 minutes of charge before eclipse).
Command stations are

LU7ABF  and LW2DTZ in Argentina,
ZL1AOX in New Zealand  (on travel for a week)
ZR1FN on Antarctica
ZR1CBC in South Africa
VK3JT and VK2XGJ in Australia.

But daily, our northern hemisphere passes are getting more sun and so
G6LVB in the UK will be helping me try to keep PCsat in low power mode
and the DIGI OFF.

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob