ISM interference on 2401 MHz

Scott Elliot wrote:

in england, dont know about any where else, it clearly states in our band
plan, that we have to accept interference from ISM users (industrial,
scientific and medical).

Wayne replies:

Do cordless phones qualify as ISM users?
Is there a regulation that "protects" cordless phones from interference?

I rather doubt that they are "protected" from interference because the transmitters are unlicensed, with no local frequency coordination whatsoever.  Their primary method of avoiding interference is to change frequency until they find a clear channel.  Perhaps a 2402 MHz beacon is the ideal method to encourage nearby unlicensed broadband transmitters to avoid interfering with the AO40 downlink.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA