Re: AO-40 Field Day Predictions?

Jim Jerzycke wrote:

> Hi everybody! Hope this question doesn't make me look too dense, but
> does anybody have an idea of what we might expect on Field Day? I ran
> some predictions with the current set of Keps for AO-40, and it looks
> like we might have a lot of fun this year. I volunteered to run a
> Satellite Station this year, along with most of the other "Exotic"
> modes, to try and get the young people in our club more interested. The
> OM's pounding along at 20+ wpm are fun to watch, but all the kids feel
> left out! Look for K6AA, and some young voices.
> Thanks, Jim  KQ6EA

I already ran a listing in NOVA for AO-40 on  Field Day weekend. Looks
like there will be a good pass on Sunday. On the East Coast (Baltimore
MD) it looks like AO-40 will start rising at about 1 AM and run until
about 11 AM, with a maximum elevation of 38 degrees. Too bad my field
Day site is blocked in with trees to the south and west, where the bird
is expected to be.