Re: Daylight satellite visibility

On 25 Mar 2002, at 9:57, Udo Schneider wrote:

> Hello Luc,
>
> you wrote:
>
> > At 1003Z (1703EST)...
>
> ???
>      1003Z   = 0503EST
>      1703EST = 2203Z
>
> EST and UTC differ by 5 hours, UTC = EST + 5
> What was the exact time?
>
> > ...i observed at 80 degrees elevation coming from south to
> > north a brilliant fast moving object reflecting sunlight
> > (sun was at west) too fast to be a plane movement match
> > fast polar satellite track.
>
> How long did you see that (minutes, seconds)?
> What is your Latitude/Longitude?
>
> 73, Udo, dl7ol ***

HI Udo

It was 1703EST (2203UTC) sorry for mistake clock is on 12hrs not 24hrs I observed the object until he was
not visible i evaluate 25 seconds the time taken to travel from the time i see it to the time he was to far away
to be visible on his course from south to north. My position 46.017798 north 73.119674 west and standing
face toward north the object was at an estimate elevation of 80 degrees on my right (east side) and the sun
was at my left directly illuminating the object. It was too fast for a standard jet plane and as i said there was
no jet trail of condensation visible and it was not a flash (irridium) but a steady point of light reflecting from a
moving structure . I estimate the time to pass from an horizon to the other to be about 45 seconds. A rough
evaluation on the azimuths: at the begining was 170 deg and at the end 15 deg.

I check radarsat orbit at that time and he was over south africa and his orbit is North to South over Canada.

Still guessing what i see...
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
          http://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe/
C.P.341