R: Re: R: SWR testing of AO-40 S-band antennas

Hi  Zack,

For fiel VSWR measurements of my antennas on the roof  i currently
use Paul Wade VSWR bridge up to 2400 MHz with all measuring gears
described by Joe Reisert,W1JAA in Ham Radio Magazine July 1976
page-50 to 56

The only exception is the 1000 Hz selective amplifier  that in my case is
an HP 415D SWR Meter with NiCad batteries for portable operation

I am very happy using this setup.

Also very interesting are similar bridges described by DJ7VY on
VHF Communications 3/83 and by  i5TDJ on Radio Rivista 5/88

The use of those bridges is particularly usefull for input VSWR
measurements on preamplifiers wich is possible applying  to the
bridge only  -40 dBm ( 2 mV )

73" de i8CVS Domenico