Ao40 was stronger now!

Hi AMSATs,

Today I could hear the Ao40 downlink some more better. Signals were still
like Ao10 signals. I did emediatly tested my inflatable foil dish and it
worked great. Signal levels were equal to its solid dish sister.
Now there is no more doubt if this material can be used hehe.

After these tests I was able to make my first three contacts via Ao40.
What suprisses me is that uplink signals have to be strong, 50...100W into
my 32 el. X-yagi RHCP. This is equal to the AO10 uplink signals.

I hope soon the Ao40 will be better, and uplink and downlink signals will be
more reachable for portable (<10W and 60cm dish) stations.

Still I am happy that we have an new satellite with transponder systems
on-board that are switched on :-)

73 de PE1RAH, William
---