TS-2000 question

I know some folks are connecting their 2.4GHz to 144MHz downconverter to the TS-2000 HF receive only port via an additional 144-28MHz converter.  The TS-2000 manual shows that HF is not a usable satellite downlink configuration.  This would indicate to me that reverse tuning, etc., are not available.  Is this the case?  In other words, if you're using 28MHz as the IF are the "satellite features" of the radio not available?

Dave Reinhart
wa6ilt@amsat.org