Newbie Q & A

Hi William & Nagesh

Well most of us here work the LEOS like the UO-14, AO-27 earlier the SO-35
with
just simple twin band OR 2 seperate handys 5 Watt  and the rubber ducky
antennas.
Slowly we have improved on the system and I have built a hand held dual band
3 el quad out of Al wire and PVC tubes works great and logged a few DX like
the UA9, 9V1 and some locals on the above sats.

I have now built a cross yagi for Uhf and installed it along side my present
Vhf 6 el beam vertically polarised mounted on the Channel master rotor
without Elevation control so I easily hunt for the Dx on the assend or
descend for the UA9 etc and have logged a few Dx this way. The Vhf crross
yagi is also getting ready and I am now planning on some system to have an
elevation control.

A hand ful of us here like VU2IR, VU2GUR, VU3SXE, VU2LX, VU3TYG, VU2RMS,
VU2BD and nyself work with the most simple setup, We also  have VU2MKP,
VU2GMN, VU2CAP etc with an elaborate sat wking setup.
It should be really encouranging for newcomers to just get started and
slowly improve their setup.  IMPROVE AS YOU LEARN  Hi !

Wishing more will join this tribe here.
Lastly anyone has any latest info about the AO-27 operations over VU land ?

Best 73
Pop    VU2POP