Re: AMSAT-BB-digest V2002 #52

Dear William,
                    Your opinion is well taken. But in a country like ours
do you know what the majority of hams would prefer ?
                    They would like to have a 2m FM repeater on a GEO?!!
Whether practicable or not from the satellite designers point of view this
is what an average Ham would be expecting of a Ham satellite! Still better
would be a drifting near-GEO with 2m FM repeater which can be operated with
rubber duckie -so that they can work some DX too.
                    Basically the economy and popularity with 2m handies
makes them look for future satellite with this configuration.
                    Any takers?
-nagesh vu2nud@amsat.org

www.amsatindia.org
www.amsat-india.org