Re: Newbie Q & A - SUCCESS!!!

Steve,
--- snip ---
couple of VK3s. Altitude was 40 degrees. Ran inside and found no sign
on the inside receiver. First lesson: the cable from the fixed 1/4 wave
on the roof to the inside receiver has too much attenuation at 435MHz (I
will not tell you what cable I am using - you will only laugh :-).
--- snip ---

Cable attenuation is a real problem. Use the shortest runs of the best
cable you can afford. Even when I knew how important good cable was, I was
still amazed at the improvement I achieved when I replaced my antenna feeds
with high quality coax.

Sil - ZL2CIA