Re: Newbie Q & A - SUCCESS!!!

G'day Nagesh,

Thanks for the summary and thanks again to all the replies.

First sat I looked for was UO-14.    This morning I sat outside listening on
a HT with a 24" integral whip.    Heard a few wisps of a QSO between a
couple of VK3s.   Altitude was 40 degrees.    Ran inside and found no sign
on the inside receiver.   First lesson:   the cable from the fixed 1/4 wave
on the roof to the inside receiver has too much attenuation at 435MHz (I
will not tell you what cable I am using - you will only laugh :-).    I will
need a preamp to make that work even with a better cable.

I have been sent details of handheld crossed beams for 2m/70cm from various
sources.    This will be the next step.

Thanks all.

73s Steve Olney VK2ZTO