re: FM QSO on FO-20, FO-29 [was AO-20, AO-29]

    Do anyone has an experience of FM QSO through AO-20, AO-29 (JAS-1B, JAS-2)?
    What power is enough? I use 7-10W with 2el Quad.
    I'll appreciate any info on this subject.

Don't do it!  While it is technically feasible, FM is not a good use of
a linear transponder, as it runs continuous power irrespective of signal
level.  Even if that were not the case, it would be rather difficult even
for an experienced satellite operator to set power levels correctly for
that mode.  Those likely to use FM would generally be those who would not
have any idea how to do this, e.g. those new to satellites.  We already
have enough trouble with people running too much power on the J-FM birds,
so clearly this would be a bad idea on a linear transponder, as no one
else would be able to use the transponder at the same time.

So it is not done.