RE: RE: Rescue tile RF reflective

How about stringing together a pile of unwanted CD's into a parabola?

They pass a laser beam through the plastic and have an aluminium substrate.
My radio telescope project is on hold whilst I collect unwanted CD's!!

regards ... David
VK3DGN

>Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 01:41:28 -0500
>From: "Shuler Burton" <shuler_b@yahoo.com>
>Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] RE: Rescue tile RF reflective
>
>These are a metallic coated MYLAR plastic sheeting.
>Also remember that these blankets loose the metallic >coating over time
(rubbing a brace, etc...)

>Would probably get better use out of a dish made in >using cardstock paper
then covering the paper peices >with reynolds aluminum foil. could make a
nice >throwaway dish.