Re: RE: Rescue tile RF reflective

You know, that isn't a half bad idea.  Fold up a "petal dish" out of
cardboard that has been covered with household aluminum foil.  "Weldwood"
contact cement could be used for attaching the Aluminum foil, or in a pinch
rubber cement.

The ARRL UHF/Microwave Experimenters Manual (first book from 1990, black
cover) has the equations to see how much loss there would be from the
deviation from the parabola to the "petals".  I'm sure
a decent compromise could be devised.  And made to fold up like an
accordion...

Might not be too good if it rains though... but I bet it could be
waterproofed somehow.

Fred W0FMS