Re: Newbie questions...

Steve Olney - VK2ZTO asked:
> thanks to those who replied to my questions.   If I got the information
> right, there are currently no sats which can be accessed by simple
> equipment (e.g., fixed turnstiles).
<snip>

Steve,
      Boy is that ever wrong!  Essentially all of the leo satellites CAN be
worked with simple antennas.  Not necessarily very well, but it can be
done.  I personally have used AO-27 (which is not turned on over the
southern hemisphere, so you can't use down under), UO-14, FO-20, FO-29, and
NO-44 (PC-Sat) using fixed antennas on my pickup truck.  Now, I will be the
first one to tell you that my long boom yagis at home work better, but they
can be used with minimal antennas.

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org