RE: AO-40 returning to 0/0

>Hello All
>
>Does anyone know when AO-40 will reach ALON/ALAT of 0/0 (or thereabouts) and
>the schedule to return to something more normal ?

This has been posted on the Amsat-BB several times and can be found by
searching the e-mail archives.  It's in the Amsat-NA web site information,
and also on the Amsat-DL web site.  It's available in the telemetry
blocks.  As the current M-block says, we're at ALON=330, increasing about 1
deg/day.  Sure sounds like we'll be there in 30 more days, right on schedule!

>As you may know I am
>planning a DX-pedition to Liechtenstein and only intend to go once AO-40 is
>available for longer periods.

Right now the transponder is on from MA=5 to 100, minus 4 MA's (70-74) for
the K-Tx.  That's 7 hours of transponder time!
Several hours of that is with truly excellent pointing angles at relatively
low range, so the signals are REALLY booming.  Even though we'll have
somewhat longer transponder times as we approach 0/0, the range at optimum
squint is going to increase greatly, so conditions are pretty darn good
right now, especially for less than optimum stations, as might be the case
with a DX-pedition.  Also, when we get closer to 0/0, we will have blocks
of time for RUDAK back in the schedule. As far as returning to "normal"
goes, I don't know what that is :-).