Software for the SYMEK TNC 3---I dont understand it!!

I have been trying to get my TNC3S to run. I guess I really have no clue
as to what I am doing. I am used to using my MFJ stuff and  I thought
this TNC would operate in a similar way. The disk supplied has plenty of
software but I guess all that applies to me is RS. I have my TNC3 on com
3 (com 2 is the RS default port) and when I start RS in dos mode using
the software options for using  com 3 I have no cursor control from my
keyboard. Are there programs loaded in the TNC3 memory or do I have to
flash in stuff from the floppy?
I have read and re read the instruction manual but frankly, I am really
confused. I am not much of a software person.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

73

'Dead in the water" Bill, W5PGZ