Re: Radar interference..

Hi Andrea,  See Comments below.

----- Original Message -----
From: "andrea bonaiuto" <it9gsv@hotmail.com>
To: <fwinder@one.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 6:30 PM
Subject: Radar interference..

> Hello Farrell,
>
> thank you for your interesting images and question.
> I know about the "theory" of radar interference on AO-40 but I have for
> answer other question:
>
> 1- where Sysops supposed is located the Radar ?

It has been mentioned that the old system for radiolocation "SYLEDIS" might
be back ??
However, it is believed that the most likely source may be "PAVE PAWS",  70
cm high power radars that were troublesome when the Sysops were trying to
command AO-13.  Don't know  all the places these radars are located but
understand several places in the states.These radars serve to locate ship
based ICBM trajectories and satellites but understand they may not interfere
as much in Asia.

> I don't know what kind of SSTV (power input to the trasponder) during
AO-40
> test in Kouru befor the launch was done because this problem appear just
> after the orbit and,unlike,after the motor problem.

> Do you know if during parking time the ground control stations had
> performing tests ?

Don't know if any SSTV testiing was done on AO-40 before launch.

.
> I think the best result should be with only black and withe screen.

Yes,  a black and white test pattern this would serve to be more sensitive.

> In this case we have to see perfect interference and period time during
the
> reception.
> I would like to know what do you thing abt this idea, and, in any case we
> can collect images from different locations from west -central-east
> emisphere.

Yes, very good idea.