Backdoor Comms on FRS

With the Radio Shack Mobile FRS rigs on sale for $29 it makes a nice HAM
talk-around channel for local direct communications.  I suggest that HAMS
monitor channel 73 to have a common meeting point.  That means channel 7
tone 3.

This is HAM related, because it gives you an out-of-band talk around
channel at FD or from the shack to the roof (Antenna adjsustments)
which do not appear in-band on what you are already probably working...

Just last night, two of use were rendezvousing but the 2m repreater was
busy and rather than fumble with going simplex we could locally coordinate
our meeting place while still keeping track of the main topic of the QSO
on 2m.

Just a thought.  Since these run on the cigarette lighter and draw flea
power, mine will be on all the time.. See ya on the bands...

Bob