Heat instead of solar power

Hi AMSATs,

While I was looking on the internet about the Pioneer and Voyager missions I
read about their Radioisotope thermoelectric generators.
They are very interresting but they work on radioactive materials what is
not an good option for amateur satellites.

The heat is made by the radioactive material, and it is converted into
electricity by some kind of oppposite peltier element.

Maybe this is some kind of idea to use instead of solar panels, or maybe in
combination with solar panels to convert the solar panel heat into
electricity. The elements can also be painted black on the hot side and
white at the cold site, and then power an microsat(?)

On the following website you can find some interresting information about
these elements:

http://www.dts-generator.com/
http://www.hi-z.com/
http://www.komatsu-electronics.co.jp/english