RE: WispDDE with other Icom radios

Nando, et al

I've been doing more research on the CI-V command set and the IC-910.  I located a simple but effective freeware radio control
utility...CI-V Test that allows you to generate commands and monitor radio replies.  I found that the chart in the Icom IC-910
manual is in error!  The following commands should be shown in the manual:  (you may need to set your font to a fixed-width type to
align this)

Cmd  SubCmd     Description
00   --         Send frequency data for transceive (no response)
01   --         Send Mode data for transceive (was first table entry for "01", still OK)
02   --         Read Band edge frequencies  (was second table entry for "01")
03   --         Read operating frequency data  (was listed as "02")
04   --         Read operating mode data (was listed as "03")
05   --         Set operating frequency  (was listed as "04")
06   00         Set LSB (OK)
06   01         Set USB (OK)
06   03         Set CW (OK)
06   05         Set FM (was listed as "06-04")

I haven't checked any farther yet, but I can now send frequency commands using "FE FE 60 E0 05 ..." and set the FM mode.

I hope this helps.
If you want CI-V Test, see http://www.plicht.de/ekki/software/civt.htm

73 de Dan/KG4OVP