Re: FT-847 and USB-to-Serial Converter

At 04:43 PM 3/4/2002 -0800, Phil Karn wrote:
>I haven't seen a radio with more than one VFO in probably 20 years.
>What modern radios call "VFOs" are really just CPU memory locations
>selected with a front panel switch; there's only one actual hardware
>VFO inside the radio.

Modern radios have *zero* VFOs in the classic sense. But if you're willing
to grant that a fixed frequency oscillator and a tunable synthesizer is
equivalent to a VFO, then surely every full-duplex satellite transceiver
has at least two. And if you're controlling the radio in full-duplex mode
for satellites (this is AMSAT-BB after all) then you have to deal with both.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org