RE: Ultimate DX

> I can't remember if it was Voyager 1 or 2, which shows how well my
> memory is working these days, but IIRC, Voyager 2 was the one
> that got
> gravity boosts from Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune, got
> full-color
> photos of Uranus' ring system and Neptune's dark spot, and after
> slingshot passes by the four gas giants became the fastest
> moving object
> ever launched from Earth, and by now I think it's the most distant
> manmade object in existence -- I think it passed the
> heliopause not too
> long ago and is now considered to be in interstellar space.

I think Voyager 1 is the furthest out.  It passed (in terms of distance from
Earth) Pioneer 10 a couple of years ago.  From what I've read, Voyager 1 was
approaching the heliopause, but still a few years off interstellar space.
There is a page at NASA with the latest updates.

Now, why didn't they put up a transponder for those of us with 34m dishes,
helium cooled receivers and a spare few days to wait for replies? ;-)

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for viruses

This correspondence is for the named personís use only. It may contain