Ultimate DX

Hi AMSATs,

When I am right there has been one vehicle before the Voyager I and II.
When I'm right it was a russian type, but it damaged because of the very
high radiation of ?? (one of the planets hihi)
These data were used to make Voyager I and II.

They still send data, with their (300W PEP?) 8,4 GHz, into 3,7 meter dish.
With 7,2 kb/s. They also transmits on 2,3GHz (13cm :-) with 40 bits/s, but
it is not in use anymore.

The voyagers running on their nucleair battery, because sunlight s to liltte
for powering hehe. I heared the project is going on till 2020.

Look at this web-page for some more info and pictures of the Voyagers:

http://vraptor.jpl.nasa.gov/voyager/voyager.html

Read here about the Voyager and pioneer 6-9 and pioneer 10, 11:
Here you can read about the distances, and about the systems, still working
after more than 30 years !!! Very interresting to know...

http://spaceprojects.arc.nasa.gov/Space_Projects/pioneer/PNhome.html

These are real satellites. Not these throw away devices of today...

73 de PE1RAH, William
---