Re: FT-847 and USB-to-Serial Converter

On Monday 04 March 2002 15:03, Ken Koster wrote:

> If you haven't already, checkout
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hamlib If you support the library,
> you gain the benifit of all the radios it already supports.  I'm sure
> they'd be happy to have additional support.

Yes, I've seen that project; I looked at their code before starting to
write this incarnation of JHamTune. I haven't been able to find any
*client* code that uses the library, and portability of that C/C++ code
across Linux/Mac/Windows can be problematic.

When I'm ready to release JHamTune, I'm sure it would probably be a
fairly simple matter to write a JHamTune driver that would call Hamlib
through the Java Native Interface (on platforms that support Hamlib).
But pure Java JHamTune radio drivers should work cleanly across all
Java 2 supported platforms with no additional fussing around.

I'm almost happy with the frequency database part of JHamTune, and the
band-sweeping and channel scanning controls are working pretty well so
far. Currently being worked on is a real-time manual control panel,
eventually to include applet and servlet versions for genuinely remote
control.

 73 de Maggie K3XS