question regarding patch antennas

Hello all,
There have been many very favourable comments recently regarding patch
antenna as feeds for parabolic dishes. All the construction articles I have
seen are for 2.4 GHz. Has anyone successfully scaled these antennas to other
commonly used frequencies? I was thinking of (say) 1691 MHz for the NOAA and
GMS satellites and 1296/1269 MHz for use in our 23cm band. Any references
would be appreciated. Scaling seems to work well for antennas like the helix
and loop yagi but perhaps patches are more 'perfinicky' and I don't have
access to any modelling or analysis apparatus. (Don't want to re-invent the
wheel either).
TIA,
Bill...vk3jt
Milawa