From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org]On
Behalf Of Jeff Hite
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 00:30
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] U band getting into S band

I have just finished assembling a mode U/S station and tried some CW
transmissions for testing purposes. I am hearing my 70cm signal directly on
the 13cm receive. This is a Norsat 2500 fed from a BBQ dish via a DEMI
13ulna. I have successfully decoded beacon telemetry when the squint is
reasonable, so I would assume the receive side is doing OK. The uplink
antenna is an 11 element M2 yagi that had ~20 watts input. The antennas are
approximately 4 feet apart on a PVC "T", mounted in a tripod. The power for
the D/C and LNA are fed on the RG-6 receive feed line.

Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Jeff Hite
KK7WR
jeffh@oregon.uoregon.edu