Re: ISS PMS Mesasge list

Hello All,

The Mailbox (PMS) on ISS is considered a Personal Mail System.
It is "intended" for messages for the CREW ONLY, and related bulletins.
However, the CREW can NOT read any messages sent to the PMS, since they have
no computer to attach to the TNC.

This brings up another problem.
Since the crew cannot access the PMS, a Control OP or SYSOP has to tend to
the PMS messages sent.
Since there is no SYSOP that I know of, the PMS will slowly fill up.
( 1- 10K Messages will add up, but it will take a long time to fill.)
That is not the problem. The problem is when an earthbound user does a L or
list of messages! This could take up a whole pass with no result other than
using up too much bandwith.

It looks like a SYSOP is needed to keep things under control on the PMS, and
it would be convient if the SYSOP was located in an area where ISS traffic
is low to nil. I remember Dave, N6CO cleaning out the PMS on MIR on the last
pass of the day over the Pacific Ocean.

It sure is nice seeing ISS working so well with the new TNC installation!
Thanks ARISS !

73, Scott