Re: The ARRL DSP Book - Summary

Thank you to all who replied both on and off the list.

The general consensus is that the ARRL book is not the best, being polite.
The free DSP guide available at http://www.dspguide.com gets a universal
thumbs up, and so I have downloaded it and will start reading it soon.

If I get to see the ARRL book I will certainly look through it, but the
comments seem to indicate that the ARRL missed a good opportunity. This is
not a statement against the author, but his brief was probably too
difficult to fill, i.e. explain DSP without doing too much maths. Leading
to it still being too technical for those who just want an overview and not
enough detail for those who want to understand DSP with a view to
implementation.

Jonathan  HB9DRD/G4KLX

PS I will start testing my small dish L-band uplink antenna in the coming
   weeks and I will post a message here about my results.

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au
titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
				********
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.