Re: Source found for Connifer PA-1033 2.4 ghz Preamps, and Question

Bob,
I contacted him also.  He wants $21 each shipped--a terrific deal.  These
were going for about $85 last summer on eBay.  I have used the Confier and
they are a good match to the Drake and Norsat downconverters, but won't do
anything for a low-noise d/c like the 3733.  They only draw about 25 ma, so
that should pose no problem for the power supply (the d/c draws a couple
hundred).
73,
Jerry, K5OE

KB7ADO@aol.com writes:
> If anyone is looking for Connifer PA-1033 preamps, I have located a ham in
>  Ohio that has a bunch of them.  He had one posted on eBay, and indicated
> they
>  were used but tested.  He is asking $18.50 each plus shipping, power
> supplies
>  not included.  Here is the contact info:
>
>  Eric Walters, N8KUX
>  email:  ewalters@watchtv.net
>  phone:  419-999-2824  and ask for Eric or leave a voicemail
>
>  He also indicated there were a lot of Lance 48 antennas, but doesn't know
of

>  an economical way to ship them.
>
>  And while we're talking about preamps . . .
>
>  Is it possible to run two devices from one in-line power supply?  I have
one

>  of the Millicom 2.4 ghz downconverters which has an in-line power supply,
> and
>  I'm wondering if I can use it to run both the downconverter and the
Connifer