Re: IO-26 and MixW2.0

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Alberto E. Zagni wrote:

> Hi Bob,
> thanks on your note on ITAMSAT IO-26. As you may notice the satellite is
> in MBL mode, awaiting for the full IHT high level software reload.
> We expect that Oscar I2PZB will soon reload the code.
> Unfortunately digipeat is only possible when IHT is running.

And thank you for responding!
I have been talking about using these birds for digipeaters since 1997 but
it was always a hardware issue.  Now that everyone can use a sound card,
maybe we will see these birds used again...

But the current software is not really optimized yet either.  So we need
to inspire the software writers to make a good AO-16 IO-26 sound card
package..  but they wont do it if no one is interested..

I guess it is the chicken-or-egg problem.

Glad to hear from you.

Bob