Re: RE: TH-F6A and VHF SSB [was TH-F6 and UHF SSB]

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Tony Langdon wrote:

> > Therefore, what i was trying to find out is whether a TH-F6A
> > would make  an adequate receiver for AO-40 using a Drake-type
> > downconverter and a modest dish (or equivalent).

I used mine with my suitcase portable 1m dish during the Marconi special
event.  I was not seriously decoding anything, just showing people how
easy it was to use the suitcase dish and a handheld to hear AO-40 beacon.

See photos:     http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/ao40ant.html