Re: TH-F6 and UHF SSB

Great Ideal..

I carry the "thought experiment" one step farther.  I work the braid so that
it is still attached but "hangs" down the back of the HT.  Cover the braid
in shrink wrap.  Kind of a dipole.  Works great.  It was my "bike" antenna
for a long time until I went "full gallon" and put a Ham stick on the
bike... I mean the one that is powered by human power.

Robert

>From: RogerKola@aol.com
>To: lihan161051@earthlink.net
>CC: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] TH-F6 and UHF SSB
>Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:32:48 EST
>
>A little trick I learned for those radios which use BNC antenna
>connectors...if you take a piece of old cable tv RG6 and cut it 19 or so
>inches from the top of its' BNC male connector...then strip the outside and
>leave the stiff copper covered steel inner conductor attached to the
>connector....it makes an excellent 1/4 wave whip that will give a lot of
>flexibility...if you put a "pretty" loop at the end you won't even poke
>your
>eye out.....just mail the money for this idea to my callbook address..hihi
>
>Roger
>WA1KAT
>

>In a message dated 02/25/2002 5:03:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>lihan161051@earthlink.net writes:
>
><< A quarter-wave whip for 2 meters works great as a 5/8 wave whip for
>  436.  They actually give pretty good SWR across the upper half of the
>  440 band, for HT's at least, and they will give you a phenomenal
>  increase in receive sensitivity above a factory rubber dummy load .. >>
>----

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX