Re: TH-F6 and UHF SSB

A quarter-wave whip for 2 meters works great as a 5/8 wave whip for
436.  They actually give pretty good SWR across the upper half of the
440 band, for HT's at least, and they will give you a phenomenal
increase in receive sensitivity above a factory rubber dummy load ..

On Monday, February 25, 2002, at 03:35 PM, RaySoifer wrote:

> Greg,
>
> Try a half-wavelength whip (preferably) or even a quarter-wavelength
> whip instead of the stock "rubber duck."  You'll be amazed at the
> difference.
>
> 73,
>
> Ray, W2RS

Heard from a flight instructor:
"The only dumb question is the one you DID NOT ask, resulting in my
going out and having to identify your bits and pieces in the midst of
torn and twisted metal."