RE: TH-F6 and UHF SSB

Hello Pedro

> has anybody tested the Kenwood TH-F6 on UHF SSB (receiving the FO birds)?
How does it work?

Yes I've had a QSO on FO-20 with it as the receiver but it's not _that_ good
because...

(a) the RX SSB bandwidth is rather wide, so it's more noisy and susceptible
to interference from nearby QSOs.

(b) the phase noise on the VFO is very high at UHF - this explains why it
doesn't resolve SSB above 70cm.

I'd use it if I had nothing else, but it's not recommended if FO-20/29 QSO's
are a prime requirement for use.

73 Howard G6LVB