ISS digipeat with MixW203

I could receive ISS digipeat signals with "MixW2 ver 203" using only
soundcard, not using TNC.

> RS0ISS>CQ>UI,R,F0:
> >ARISS - International Space Station
> JE9PEL/RS0ISS*>CQ>UI,R,F0:
> Hello from YOKOHAMA
>
> JE9PEL/ISS>CQ>UI,C,F0:
> Hello from JE9PEL
> JE9PEL/RS0ISS*>CQ>UI,R,F0:
> Hello from YOKOHAMA

I set up MixW2 according to the helpful advice of G6LVB, Howard Long,
as follows.

 1. Download the MixW203 and extract the files to a clean directory

 2. Run the MixW2.exe program

 3. First time you run it you'll be asked for personal data -
    enter Call, Name, QTH, Locator and any other details you choose.

 4. Configure -> Soundcard Settings, select the soundcard you use and
    check Full Duplex is selected

 5. Mode -> Packet, selects the packet mode

 6. Mode -> Mode Settings, General tab, select "VHF 1200 baud
    (Standard, 1200/2200 Hz)" in the Modulator/demodulator type

 7. Mode -> Mode Settings, Parameters tab, select Enable Full Duplex

 8. Make sure Configure -> Disable Soundcard is NOT ticked

 9. I was able to decode immediately the received ISS data after mouse
    left click of "Mode - Mode settings".

10. Experimental (I never got this bit to work) is the uplink.
    Mode -> Mode Settings, Beacon/Monitor tab,
             -> Source call [JE9PEL]
                Dest call   [CQ]
                Digis       [ISS]
                Beacon text [Hello from JE9PEL]
                Enable Beacon

First time I could not see the received ISS data in MixW2, but I could
decode it immediately after mouse left click of "Mode - Mode settings".

Is this a bug in MixW2 ?

Cf. http://tav.kiev.ua/~nick/mixw2/
    http://www.ne.jp/asahi/hamradio/je9pel/20225iss.gif

Name : Mineo Wakita / JE9PEL, JAMSAT member
Mail : ei7m-wkt@asahi-net.or.jp
URL  : http://www.ne.jp/asahi/hamradio/je9pel/
QTH  : Yokohama Japan, GL:PM95TJ
Date : Feb 25, 2002