Re: OSCAR 16 TNC - How to RX with MixW 2.03

In article <KIEIJMJEHBJMFJNBBCMEAEEACCAA.howard@howardlong.com>, Howard
Long <howard@howardlong.com> writes

>Trick here is to try to keep the thickest line around the 1200Hz waterfall
>marker, and keep the * permanently on by the DCD annunciator.
>
>What's your receive setup, and is the signal strong?

Thanks for the reply, Howard.

Setup: IC706 MkIIG, 18el linear polarisation, sigs up to S8 with deep
fades a few times on each pass - partly due to wet evergreens + low
aerial system. Hand tracking and elevation control as well as the hand
tuning. I need more hands or dragging into the 21st century and trying a
bit of automation!

I'll keep trying and hope something clicks into place. I'm using the
speaker OP as I do for all the other modes but am now thinking that the
aux audio OP would give a cleaner raw signal.

John
--
  John@m1btr.co.uk
  QRV 6m 2m 70cm 23cm  Member: AMSAT-UK BATC RSGB UK6mG