Re: OSCAR 16 TNC - How to RX with MixW 2.03

Howard,

I saw your explanation of how to set up MixW v2.03 so I thought I would
give it a try. I downloaded the program and printed out your
instructions and, hopefully, followed them to the letter. Unfortunately
it doesn't seem to want to decode anything for me - at least not from
Oscar 16 :(  I found an independent help file, as no help file came with
the program, but it does not mention satellite use as far as I can see.

To make sure it 'liked' my computer I tried receiving some of the HF
modes and they all worked OK for me.

I notice that auto tracking of the signal does not seem to be enabled
for VHF Packet and I am having to tune for doppler by hand. I am getting
better with practice and wondered if this is the problem, though I would
have expected the odd bit to be decoded.  To say the least the doppler
shift on 70cm is fierce.

Any pointers as to what else to try to get it working would be welcomed.

I have tried several passes and each time the waterfall shows a red
central line with several yellow ones either side of it when between
bursts of data. Is this normal or are the yellow lines being generated
'in house' in either the rig or sound card system? I try to keep the red
line in the centre under the red flag.

John, trying to receive his first data from a digital satellite.
--
  John@m1btr.co.uk
  QRV 6m 2m 70cm 23cm  Member: AMSAT-UK BATC RSGB UK6mG