Re: Suggestions for a new antenna driver

On Friday 22 February 2002 13:07, Estes Wayne-W10191 wrote:
> Bill Gravatt wrote:
>
> Well, guys, hate to say it but I think i better get rid of my
> KCTracker/Tuner board since I am afraid the days of ISA bus stuff are
> limited.
> Any suggestions /recommendations for an antenna interface /driver????. I
> am using a G5500 az-el rotor system and I have Wisp and Nova and Station
> although I have not configured Station yet.
>
> Wayne replies:
>
> One cheap and simple "plug and play" solution would be to use the Funkbox
> WinRotor32 which is sold by AMSAT-DL.  It's a cable with all the circuitry
> inside the parallel port housing.  One end of the cable plugs into your
> computer's parallel port.  The other end is a pre-wired DIN connector that
> plugs into the G-5500B.  The driver software version 2.6 works with Win
> 95/98/ME.  A version for WinXP is promised to be released soon.  The
> software uses DDE to "talk" to Nova, WiSP, SatPC32, or WinOrbit.
>
> AMSAT-DL Warenvertrieb sells WinRotor32 for 79 Euros (about US$70).  I
> ordered one, but I haven't received it yet.  And I can't use it until the
> XP-compatible driver is released.

Thanks for the input Wayne :^)

Well I guess its that time again for me to make my yearly hopeless request
that those amateurs out there that have enough capable grey cells , to please
try and consider writing the above type of software for Linux  :^}

I have found that I am too stupid to learn how to write code , but smart
enough to enjoy using Linux so either I am going to give up on using my pc
for hamsat stuff or continue to wait for someone to write soemthing like
"Wisp for Linux" ...

I am willing to even -pay- for the software if it is useable ...
Yes , thats right , an Opensource user thats willing to pay ( amazing isn't

Flames and harrassment will be sent to /dev/null ...

73
--
Douglas Cole N7BFS
Registered Linux user #188922